Skip to content
Common Traits of Champions
- SET GOALS. If you don’t know where you’re going, you”ll never get anywhere
- GET STRONGER. Strong wrestlers are better wrestlers; Strong muscles prevent injury
- WRESTLE THE BEST. Champions search out the best competition, and assume that they’ll win.
- WRESTLE TO WIN. Move forward, make contact, and attack. If you wrestle “not to lose” – you will.
- WRESTLE YEAR ‘ROUND. Winter champions are made in the spring and summer.
- WORK HARD. No one becomes a champion with just 2 hours of practice a day. Champions also work before school and after dinner.
- LISTEN. Your coaches know what they’re talking about.
- STUDY. Wrestling achievements may open doors, but academic performance gets you through doors.